Friday, July 3, 2009

Ramble Ramble Ramble

It is probably best I am not reviewing right now. I could attempt it here on my Blog, but really I am so busy and undisciplined right now. That is a bad combination. I have scattered some more HeroesCon 09 pics throughout the post to help you deal with my rambling. I am not distancing myself from comics, but I am trying to balance my hobby.


For many years now my comics have helped me survive. From the reviewing giving my mind something to focus on instead of the loss of a loved one to just escaping into a world where evil is always beaten. I have completed runs of old books and found the love of new stories. Each has given me hope as I dealt with such personal issues.


There comes a time I guess where one leaves a certain company behind and that happened for me. I no longer buy current Marvel stories. I became tired of the lack of respect for the characters and I just found the remarks by the current leaders of the publishing side exasperating. I collect the older books like the head Q suggested. I am rediscovering DC as a company. I once again have my love of the Green Lantern side of the company firmly in check. Other characters have brought me a continued level of joy as well.


My guilty pleasure is still Witchblade. I love that it has a depth and characterization to it now. The art is just mind blowing and it truly is a book that delivers on the action. I never thought I could care about Dani like I do Sara, but I do. I am worried for my favorite gals as the War of the Witchblades continue.


Another character I just do not seem to be able to walk away from is Wonder Woman. I took the book off the pull list when money became tight, but I still bought the book. It paid off when she put that axe in the fat head of Ares. I wonder where the story is going to go from the Issue #33's ending.


So that is where I am right now. I have so many old books I might just review them if I can get a schedule in my life and be better with posting.

CBG

1 comment:

SONICMAN2 said...

Life indeed requires balance in all things CBG. Something I have been trying to learn the past few years thanks to my wife(AWESOME lady). Life keeps requesting our time, but prioritizing and balancing things is what works best.

Love the pics you've been sharing since I never get to go to these things.