Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Rescued: Avengers #159

Many of you are new to the Ghost and my ways. I know a few of you are followers from way back to an older blog and even my comic reviews. I sadly had to let the old site fold in and hide because of a person who was commenting and not being truthful as to who they were and what they were doing hanging around. The were in my real life and caused trouble for me constantly. Anyway. One of the things I loved was rescuing old comicbooks from flea market and yard sale vendors that had little respect for what was in their care. I recently was able to rescue Avengers #159. It has Graviton and a slew of my favorite Avengers.

Oh, and in case you forget it, Graviton reminds you over and over that he is Master of Gravity, one of the fundamentals forces. The majority of Avengers, Iron Man, Scarlet Witch, Vison, Captain America, and the Beast have fallen. Back at the Mansion the Black Panther arrives and heads to save them, Thor bumps into him and we have a party. Poor Jarvis wishes he could help.

In the end, Jarvis does save the day after deciding to follow along. This is just good old fashion Avengers adventure at its finest. The comic has changed a great deal, and I currently do not read any Marvel, so that should tell you what I think of the company right now. I still love the characters. They are some of the best in the industry, even if they are mistreated and abused at present.

CBG

1 comment:

SONICMAN2 said...

This was my very 1st Avengers comic and I think my 1st period!

The artwork and storys back then were awesome. I was 8 yrs old or so and I can remember heading out to the 7-11 each week to see what came in that week. Buying my rootbeer slurpee and sitting out on the curb enjoying each comic.

Along with the Anvengers, I was getting FF, Cap, IM, Spidey, and MArvel teamup. Didnt get hardly any DC at the time. Didnt like the art as well as Marvels.

Thanks for bringing a good memory from my past brother.